Saturday, September 3, 2011

How we got here...

We were just doing our morning routine on Tuesday, April 12. Walt was biking on the stationary bike, reading out loud from the Liahona, which he does to keep his mouth moving in Spanish. I was finishing up something at the computer, getting ready to go walk on the treadmill beside the bike, when the phone rang.
The caller ID said: "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." My thought: "Oh, it's the Twin Falls Temple secretary calling to give him his schedule for sealings," as they often did.
Was I surprised when the person identified herself, saying: "This is President Eyring's secretary calling, "Could you come next Tuesday for an interview with President Eyring?"
Was I calm and composed? No...because I said: "Let me check my planner." Then when I found the day, I said another stupid thing: "We have nothing scheduled that day, we can come."
(As if anything we might have had scheduled would take precedence!)
I'd completely lost it by then and just asked: "Could you please talk with my husband?"
I dashed out to the bike, handing him the phone, saying: "It's President Eyring's secretary."
I heard him say: "We can come ANYTIIME." (Meaning, we don't want to wait a whole week to find out what this is about.)
She explained that since a storm was forecast for that week, they didn't want us to have to travel in bad weather.
So we waited the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment